Fasting

'Tarry ye ... until ...' This is the New Testament conception of fasting, not from food only but from everything, until the particular thing we have been told to expect is fulfilled. Fasting means concentration in order that the purpose of God may be developed in our lives. - Oswald Chambers

For those who are participating in the fast, comment below about the things that you are praying for or the scriptures that you are mediating on (you don't have to put your name). It will be encouraging to collectively see what the church is focusing on as we fast.

5 comments:

  1. Psalm 51:10-12
    10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
    and renew a right [5] spirit within me.
    11 Cast me not away from your presence,
    and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
    12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
    and uphold me with a willing spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But the fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness, & Self-Control"
    Galatians 5:22-23

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that ... Vision!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Break my heart for what breaks Yours...Make me so hungry for You...desperate for You...Create the image of Your Son in me, Lord...

    ReplyDelete