How about we pray right now?

Alright.  This is Pastor Russ writing for some prayer.  Here's the deal, I have 3 family members at Roper Hospital right now ...
-- My mom is in for round two of chemo (doing great!)
-- My uncle Walt has Pancreatitis -- It is super painful -- they are trying to get swelling down to do surgery
-- My brother-in-law Dylan just had to have an emergency appendectamy (surgery was a success)

In addition ...
-- Russ Bennett's grandmoather just passed away a few hours ago from an infection
-- Just found out Ryan Watkins and family are sick and he is responsibile for our production team on Sunday morning.

That's what I know about.  I'm sure there are more things to pray about, but it just seemed like a good moment to send out a blog!  It was also a good challenge for me not to just tritely say "I'm praying for you" and not pray.  So, I'm just going to pray now.  Please join me.

Reflecting on Psalm 24 and God's strength in battle.
-- Pastor Russ

Psalm 24:7-9
 7 Lift up your heads, O gates!
   And be lifted up, O ancient doors,
   that the King of glory may come in.
8Who is this King of glory?
   The LORD, strong and mighty,
   the LORD, mighty in battle!
9Lift up your heads, O gates!
   And lift them up, O ancient doors,
   that the King of glory may come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment