Front Row Mentality

I mentioned on the video last Sunday that I got a chance to visit a really vibrant church in Memphis where my friends are on staff. I love getting a chance to see what God is doing in other churches, but I rarely get to (my job kind of gets in the way ;). I always learn something when I'm at another church.

One thing I took away from the service was something that they call "front row mentality." I noticed at the beginning of the service that there were quite a lot of people on the front rows right near the stage. I asked my friend (who is one of their worship leaders) about it and he said that in their church they encourage all of their staff and leaders to eagerly sit in the front. He said that it communicates a desire to be there, be attentive, learn and participate. That kind of attitude is contagious.

I definitely got that feeling.

I thought of mentioning this last night at MAN Night (because some of the men fight for the BACK row after a long day of work), I thought about passing it to the deacons ... but, in the end, I thought it was something all of you should hear. It made an impression on me, and I wanted to pass it on.

Love you a lot ... looking forward to seeing you in person this Sunday! -- Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment