Bible Reading Plans and more











Here's a few quick links for you:

The Bible reading plan the church is doing is here. It is provided by the publishers of the ESV translation (the one I use on Sundays), but you can use your preferred translation.

Here is another great website for reading through scripture: www.youversion.com
This is a great resource if you like to read on your iphone or blackberry. Reading plans can be emailed to you each day.

Here is a great article (mostly scripture) entitled "Do Children Belong in Church?" It was really helpful to me and the elders as we initiated the new changes.

Don't be intimidated by the reading plan. Just pick it up and let it be a daily habit in your life. If you get behind, just pick up with that days reading. The most important thing is that it is daily. (I find it helpful to finish my reading before getting on my computer. Which reminds me that I need to get off my computer right now. ;) If you have any thoughts about daily reading or any advice for others, feel free to leave it below.
-- Pastor Russ

1 comment:

  1. If you go onto Charles Stanley's In Touch website, you can sign up to receive his free magazine every month. It has great articles and the back of it has a daily devotion for each day of the month. That has 1-2 verses to read and a corresponding devotion. Then at the bottom of each devotion, it has suggestions for portions of scripture to read that will take you through the Bible in a year.

    ReplyDelete