"No One Eats Alone"

If you didn't hear this at church this Sunday, I made a challenge to the church that we make sure to look out for the singles, widows and widowers in our church and community. We should especially consider this during the week of Thanksgiving, but it needs to be something that we practice all the time.

Last week I spent sometime with one of the single people in the church. This person said that the times they feel the most lonely is during Holidays and on Sunday afternoon. Holidays was something I expected. But I was a little surprised by the Sunday afternoon comment. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. You come to the service, worship with a great sense of community, and then you have to go home by yourself.

I would like to challenge us to never let this happen. I want everyone in the church to be able to share a meal with someone after church.

So, there's the challenge: No One Eats Alone. Let's make it happen, church!
-Pastor Russ

No comments:

Post a Comment